Experienced and Dedicated Northbrook Attorney
Alan Pearlman is the founder and principal attorney of Alan Pearlman, Ltd., a Northbrook law office serving clients throughout Cook County and Lake County in the areas of family law and criminal defense. Alan Pearlman has been helping the people of Chicagoland and surrounding communities with their legal needs for 45 years.
Alan is a graduate of DePaul University, where he earned his Bachelor’s in Music Education in 1968. He earned his Juris Doctor law degree from John Marshall Law School in 1973, and he later completed Advanced DUI Studies at Harvard University with the National College of DUI Defense Attorneys. Alan was admitted to practice before the Illinois State Bar in 1974. He is also admitted to practice before the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the United States Tax Court and the U.S. Supreme Court. Alan is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the Lake County Bar Association.
Commitment to Family Law and the Legal Profession
Alan has long been noted as a teacher, speaker and author in family law and the integration of technology with the practice of law. His credentials include several articles published in the American Bar Association’s Family Advocate magazine, and he served as a teacher for the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission Professionalism Classes of the Illinois Supreme Court, as well as Continuing Legal Education for both the Illinois State Bar and the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Alan is a nationally recognized speaker for American Lawyer Media’s “Legal Tech” and the American Bar Association’s “TechShow.” Additionally, he served on the Board of Editors for the American Lawyer Media Legal Tech Newsletter, and his column, “The Electronic Lawyer,” has been syndicated nationally.
Commitment to the Chicagoland Legal Community and the Broader Lake County Community
An active participant and dedicated member of his community, Alan has been listed in Who’s Who in American Law and has been recognized with awards from the Presidents Club of Shriners International, as well as receiving the 2001 Lake County Pro Bono Legal Services Award. He has also been rated by AVVO as a Superb 10 Attorney in the Midwest. Other activities include:
- Vice-President, Board of Directors – City of Highwood Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors – Alumni Association of Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity
- Member of the National College of DUI Defense Attorneys
- Past Member, Board of Directors – Association of Women Attorneys of Lake County Illinois
- Past Member, Board of Directors – Highland Park Chamber of Commerce
- Member Highland Park-Highwood Lions Club
- Member Loyal Order of the Moose
- Member A.O. Fay Masonic Lodge
- Past Board Member of the Lake County Illinois CrimeStoppers
- Past Director of the Medinah Temple Shriners Legal Committee
- Past-Chairman of the Illinois State Bar Association Committee on Law Office Management and Economics
- Past-Chairman of the Fellows of the Illinois State Bar Association
- Former Member of the Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Section Council
- Elected Member of the Assembly of the Illinois State Bar Association
- Appointed to Membership by the Chief Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court to the eight-member Supreme Court E-Filing Committee and Initiative